These are just a few of the media sources in which we have been mentioned: Oct. 2012 Southern Living, Garden and Gun and Hobby Farm Home, Country Living’s Perennials, The Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times.
[Not a valid template]
We’ve been featured in an international commercial for John Deere. We’ve also been on national gardening shows, such as Cultivating Life, and also the local show, Making It Grow. One segment with Jenks won a 2012 Telly Award.
Jenks is a frequent guest on Felder Rushing Gestalt Gardener (Mississippi Public Radio), and Your Day (SC Public Radio). Tom and Jenks have been featured on South Carolina Business Review, as well.
Jenks Farmer, Plantsman has made it on Dave’s Garden Watchdog.
- The Augusta Chronicle – “Crinum Lilies Perfect for Southern Gardens“
- Garden & Gun – “A Garden Jenks Designed“
- Transitional Gardener – “It’s All Over But the Crinums” (August 2008)
- Southern Living – “Ten Best Gardening Ideas“
- NewsLeader, Virginia – “Storytelling Through the Garden“
- The Times – Picayune, New Orleans – “Garden Designer/Farmer“
- Botanic Garden Conservation International – “Field Trips In Public Gardens“
- Bella Aiken, SC Newspaper — A Gardener’s Gardener
Jenks Farmer Appointed to AHS Book Awards Committee
Jenks was recently appointed to the American Horticultural Society’s Book Award committee for a three-year term. He will join six other horticultural professionals across the county, including University of Washington, Miller Horticultural librarian Brian Thompson, in reviewing and presenting awards to the authors and publishers of the best North American books on gardening from the last year.
Review copies of the books considered for this award will be added to the local library collection after the committee completes its work in early 2017. The awards will be announced in the March/April issue of The American Gardener, the magazine of the American Horticultural Society.