Why Buy from Us
Organically Grown, Big Bulbs from Our South Carolina Fields: Beating the Crinum Conundrum
Traditionally, gardeners have had difficult times finding what crinum plant they want. Crinum plants tend to be too slow, too lanky, and too weird for giant nurseries to efficiently grow for resale. So most came from backyard nurseries and hobby plots. Unfortunately, it’s likely this will always be the case. Even now, it is no small task to get both the crinum growers and establish a strong, healthy bulb with a fitting name.
In fact, one of our customers from Rome, Georgia, called us one day to say she had tried to buy from a crinum dealer in California who interviewed her for an hour and twenty minutes, by cell phone, before deciding if he would sell to her. Crinum people are definitely passionate about their bulbs!
We of the Jenks Farmer, Planstman family have decided to change all that. We wanted to become crinum missionaries offering crinums for the masses! And we’ve done just that.
Our farm was set up 12 years ago to make crinum shopping easy, consistent, and reliable. We offer homegrown, tried-and-true, healthy crinumsWe experiment with lots of new varieties in our garden, and then we propagate only the best for the southern region of the US.
When you order a crinum from us, you get:
- A healthy bulb
- A bulb that has a circumference of at least eight inches (note, however, that some species never get that big.)
- A bulb that has been washed and dipped in a light bleach bath, then dried (This kills soil-born pathogens)
- A bulb that is properly named and marked so you can easily identify it
- A package that is packed and tied by hand, in corrugated paper and standard sized boxes
- A package of bulbs which is packed then shipped immediately
- Our phone numbers and email for quick response to any questions you may have.
Here's one more very important thing you'll get when you order your crinums from us: Assurance that the bulbs you get have been grown organically in South Carolina and have been tended to by our family - people who know and love crinums.